April 8th to 18th, 2018
This International Yoga Alliance registered training will help yoga teachers, educators and practicing yogi parents to skillfully teach children of all ages.
Based on the “Multiple Intelligence’s” theory of Howard Gardner and Maria Montessori’s, “Learning by Doing”, you will experience the multiple unique ways that a child can learn in a fun and playful way.
You will understand the use of props, storytelling, music, art and age-appropriate themes. You will learn how to teach with confidence and creativity while cultivating patience and acceptance needed to support a fair and non-competitive environment. The teaching skills you learn throughout the course of the training are specific to teaching yoga to children and teenagers, they are tried and tested methods that will empower you to give the gift of yoga to the next generation of amazing light beings.
YOU WILL EXPERIENCE
– Understanding of playfulness and creativity;
– Teach Mindfulness to children and Teenagers
– How to use yoga to enhance your current educational program;
– Meeting your own inner child and bringing him/her to life;
– Deepening your understanding of children’s chakra developmental stages;
– Supporting children’s learning through movement and art;
– Developing teacher’s playing skills;
– How to identify and encourage the Multiple Intelligences;
– Features of the development of learning – 2 to 15 years;
– Applying yoga for kids in yoga studios and at school;
– Asanas: balance, creativity and fun games;
– Pranayama: breathing awareness with images;
– Dharana: concentration exercises;
– Yoga nidra: visualization techniques for body and mind relaxation;
– Yoga philosophy: Yamas and Nyamas;
– Chakras: perception, mantras and healing;
– Methodology: self knowledge, self expression and embodiment of understanding playfulness from the – experiences;
– Partner and Acro yoga for kids and parents;
– The Business of applying yoga in education, yoga studios, and community classes;
– Yoga philosophy – Eight limbs of Patanjali applied to children;
– Teaching yoga through storytelling;
– Experience teaching yoga for Balinese kids and teens.
“You cannot transmit wisdom and insight to another person. The seed is already there. A good teacher touches the seed, allowing it to wake up, to sprout, and to grow.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
6 months experiencing yoga or …
A patient and compassionate nature, and the desire and passion to enrich the lives of children through yoga practice and play
Parents, school teachers and counselors with one of the requirements above are welcome.
RCYT – Register Children Yoga Teacher
ON COMPLETION OF THIS TRAINING YOU WILL RECEIVE A 100 HOURS YOGA ALLIANCE CERTIFICATION.
DURING THIS TRAINING YOU WILL EXPERIENCE TEACHING THE CHILDREN AT THE GREEN SCHOOL AND THE BALINESE LOCAL KIDS AND TEENS!
• 7am to 8:30am: Yoga class
• 10am to 1pm: Exploring through Practice
• 1pm to 2pm: Silent lunch with reflections
• 3pm to 6pm: Lectures
1.Yoga for Children, Chanchani, Swati & Chachani, Rajiv;
2. Nurturing Spirituality in Children; Jenkins, Peggy;
3. Planting Seeds, Thich Nhat Hanh;
4. Yoga and education for children; Saraswati, Swami Satyananda;
5. Yoga for children with fun-filled stories; Thapar, mini & Singh, Neesha;
6. Best Practices for Yoga in Schools (Yoga Service Best Practices Guide) (Volume 1)
7. What Does It Mean To Be Present? DiOrio, Rana
8. Listening To My Body: A guide to helping kids understand the connection between their sensations (what the heck are those?) and feelings so that they can get better at figuring out what they need. Garcia, Gabi
9. Good Night Yoga: A Pose-by-Pose Bedtime Story Gates, Mariam
10. Sensory Yoga for Kids: Therapeutic Movement for Children of all Abilities Collins, Britt
Ubud, a town in central Bali, is far removed from the beach party scene in Kuta, and is regarded as the cultural centre of Bali. It is famous as an arts and crafts hub, and much of the town and nearby villages seems to consist of artists’ workshops and galleries. There are some remarkable architectural and other sights to be found, and a general feeling of well being to be enjoyed, all thanks to the spirit, surroundings, and climate of the place.
Bali is called the Island of the Gods. A beautiful island where your wisdom, insight, creativity, playful inner child, and mindful attention expands and nourishes your heart and soul. A delicious environment to spend 12 days immersing yourself into the art of teaching children yoga.
*THE TRAINING WILL BE HELD AT TAKSU UBUD (http://www.taksuspa.com/)
Accommodation – We have a recommended list of accommodation around which may help you. We will send you under request!
TEACHING EXPERINECE AT GREEN SCHOOL
You couldn’t ask for a better location to teach your first yoga class: the beautiful teak and bamboo yoga studio perched high above the Ayung River at Green School Bali, an international school that has received worldwide attention and acclaim for its efforts to interweave environmental sustainability with a student-centered curriculum design to nurture and cultivate all of a child’s human capacities, all on one of the most beautiful and inspiring campuses on the planet. Green School is expanding the vision of what a school can be in ways that are as vibrant as they are vital.
YOUR COURSE TUITION INCLUDES
• 100 hours of training;
• Training manual;
• Transportation from Ubud to the Green school and back;
Transportation to Suli Teenagers school
One day practicing teaching to the Balinese teenagers
• One day of practice teaching at Green school;
• Art materials
YOUR COURSE TUITION DOES NOT INCLUDE
• Accommodation and meals
• Flights and transfers to or from the airport;
Course tuition for 100 hours: €1650
No meals and accommodation included in the tuition fee
Buy this training Now
* No refunds for cancellations after March 11nd, 2017.